|SIX WONDERS OF HEAVEN|
SIX WONDERS OF HEAVEN
Many persons are interested in Heaven because they have loved ones who have gone there. A little girl had to pass a cemetery on the way to her home. One day a friend said to her Are you not afraid to go by the cemetery? She replied, No my home is just beyond it. So a Christian does not fear death. His Heavenly Home is just beyond it. Let us think of some of the wonders of this place called Heaven.
1. THE WONDER OF ITS REALITY. St. John wrote, "I saw a new Heaven and a new earth. And I saw the Holy City, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of Heaven. And I heard a voice out of Heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.
After this I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the Throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands and they cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God, and unto the Lamb.
2. THE WONDER OF THE THINGS THAT WILL NOT BE IN HEAVEN. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
There will be no sin in Heaven and there will be no night there. There will be no slums or clubs there. No hospitals or jails. The streets are made of pure gold. The homes are Mansions , and nothing shall ever grow old. Heaven glories in having Jesus as its King, angels for its guards, saints for its citizens: whose walls are Salvation, and whose Gates are Praise.
3. THE WONDER OF THE BRIGHTNESS AND PURITY OF HEAVEN. And the City had no need of the sun neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them that are saved shall walk in the light of it. And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lambs book of life.
4. THE WONDER THAT HEAVEN IS A HOME. Heaven is the eternal Home of Gods people. Jesus said, Let not your heart be troubled. In My Fathers house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you. And I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
The word Home quickens the pulse, warms the heart, stirs the memory, and makes age feel young again. Heaven is our Home and also our Inheritance bought by the precious blood of Jesus. It is a Home incorruptible, and undefiled, and will never pass away. It is reserved in Heaven for us.
5. THE WONDER THAT HEAVEN IS INTERESTED IN THIS POOR LOST WORLD. Heaven is so interested in this world that Jesus its King came down to earth, to become the Lamb of God bearing away the sin of the world in His own body on the cruel cross of Calvary. At Calvary you see mans sin at its worst, and Gods love at its best. At Calvary the Son of God died, that the sons of men might have Everlasting Life.
Part of the joy of Heaven consists in sinners being saved. Read Luke 15. The angels look down, and when they see the Prodigals return they sing for joy. Jesus calleth His friends, and saith, Rejoice with Me, for I have found the sheep which was lost.
6. THE WONDER THAT YOU CAN GO TO HEAVEN. The last promise in the Bible is an invitation to you to COME to Heaven. We read, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
You may ask, How can I enter Heaven? The Bible reveals only one way. It is simply to turn from your sins, and to put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your own personal Saviour. Read Johns Gospel chapter 3.